Who we are
Lincolnshire Sensory Services is a short term enablement service delivered by Action on Hearing Loss on behalf of Lincolnshire County Council. We support Visually Impaired, Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deafblind adults, children and young people to live fulfilling and aspirational lives, as independently and as confidently as possible.
Action on Hearing Loss (formerly the RNID) is the UK’s largest charity providing support for people with hearing loss and has experience of delivering integrated sensory services across the UK. In Lincolnshire, we have a team of Rehabilitation Officers, Sensory Impairment Officers and Community Services Officers who provide a range of short-term support, including:
- Registration of sight, hearing and dual sensory loss
- Rehabilitation support to help with daily living tasks
- Mobility training for safe independent travel
- Equipment provision and demonstration
- Information and advice about living with sensory loss and accessing activities in the local community
- Social mobility for children with a sensory impairment
- Referral and signposting to other services, voluntary organisations and groups
- Benefits advice
With the valued help of Volunteers, we also provide community drop-ins for NHS hearing aid maintenance and replacement batteries (in collaboration with the local NHS hearing aid providers) and BSL translation for members of the Deaf community.
Who can use our service
Our service is for anyone, of any age, who is Visually Impaired, Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Deafblind. We accept referrals direct from the individual with a sensory loss as well as from family members, friends, carers and professionals with the permission of the person wanting our support. On contacting the service, a member of our team will talk with you to find out more about your situation and may arrange to carry out a free home visit to discuss the type of support available.
If you, or someone you know, would benefit from learning more about how we can help, please call 03333 202667, text 07710 155104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org